An annual service will:
- Improve the efficiency of the heat pump- a dirty heat pump requires more energy to run.
- Remove mould, dirt, dust, grease and pollen- improving the air quality in your home.
- Lengthen the life of your heat pump. A heat pump should last for a minimum of 15 years, but only if it is maintained and serviced regularly.
- The home owner or occupier should clean the filters of your heat pump regularly. To do this, you only need to remove the filters, wash them in warm soapy water and let them dry before putting them back into the heat pump
For landlords, the Healthy Homes Standard requires you to maintain the heat pump in your rental property. It is a good idea for landlords to get the heat pump in their rental serviced 6 monthly to ensure that the tenant is cleaning the filters regularly.
- We replace filters on positive pressure and balanced pressure ventilation systems. This should be done every 1 to 2 years depending on your system.
- Replacing filters regularly ensures that your system will continue to run efficiently.
- When we replace your filter, we will also inspect your system to ensure that it is still running correctly.