You’ve probably heard friends and family telling you that heat pumps are not only good for your wallet but great for the environment, and after doing your own research, have found yourself agreeing with them. But how much does it cost to install a heat pump in New Zealand? Below we will cover some different types of models and their their costs – which also includes the cost to install when you use G-Force.
G-Force supply & install New Zealand’s best heat pump brands: Carrier, Daikin, Toshiba & Rinnai. We offer heat pump installation in Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty and Christchurch.
Enquire about our free Heat Pump quotes.
Are heat pumps actually worth it?
They’re the cheapest and most efficient way to handle both heating and cooling for your home, no matter where you live. They’re also better for the environment. In fact, most experts agree they’re one of the best ways for homeowners to reduce their carbon footprint and reap the benefits of a greener future without sacrificing comfort. In other words, they’re a win-win.
Heat pumps use electricity to ‘capture’ heat from outside (from the air or ground), amplify it and then transfer it to your home. They’re far more energy-efficient.
“We’ve come to see climate solutions like paper straws as being something worse than what we’re used to. But there are some places where everyone benefits, and I think heat pumps are a good example of that,” said Alexander Gard-Murray, PhD, a political economist at Brown University. “They’re quieter. They offer more control. And at the same time, they’re going to reduce our energy demand and our greenhouse gas emissions. So it’s not just savings. It’s a quality-of-life improvement.”
But it can still feel daunting to pick the heat pump that’s right for you, or even to know where to start looking. We can help.
WHAT IS THE COST OF A HEAT PUMP AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO INSTALL?
At G-Force, the cost of installation is included in the heat pump. Below is a selection of heat pumps we sell and install – click here for more of our range >>
Carrier High Wall Fern Series: the new FERN Range offers some unique new features like Variable Fan Speed Control (allowing the user to select Fan Speeds between 1-100%), Active Clean (automatically cleans the Indoor Coil), and Sprint Mode (offering Fast Heating and Cooling).
From $1,671 + gst
View our range of Carrier heat pumps here.
The Daikin Cora Heat Pump delivers everyday efficiency to your living space & features a higher energy star rating, whisper-quiet sound levels and next-generation odour removal technology for powerful and thorough climate and air quality control.
The new Cora features a beautifully redesigned front panel, with matte crystal accents for a clean, sleek appearance which blends seamlessly into any modern bedroom or living area.
From $1,955 + gst
View our range of Daikin heat pumps here.
The Rinnai Pro Series heat pump range is designed for New Zealand’s ever-changing climate, the Rinnai Pro Series High Wall Heat Pump System provides optimal heating and cooling all year round.
Packed with innovative features including Wi-Fi connectivity, self-cleaning function and sleep mode, the Pro Series is the ultimate Heat Pump to provide complete comfort.
From $1,667 + gst
View our range of Rinnai Heat pumps here.
Packed with innovative features including Wi-Fi connectivity, self-cleaning function and sleep mode, the Toshiba Edge heat pump range also uses R32 Environmentally friendly refrigerant.
From $1993 + gst
View our range of Toshiba heat pumps here.
G-FORCE SUPPLY & INSTALL NEW ZEALAND’S BEST HEAT PUMP BRANDS: CARRIER, DAIKIN, TOSHIBA & RINNAI. WE OFFER HEAT PUMP INSTALLATION IN AUCKLAND, WAIKATO, BAY OF PLENTY AND CHRISTCHURCH.
ENQUIRE ABOUT OUR FREE HEAT PUMP QUOTES.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE RESOURCES
- Do heat pumps use more power?‘I don’t want a heat pump installed, it will cost too much to run.’ We hear this common objection from a lot of people including tenants in rental properties, fearing that a new heat pump will increase their power consumption (or rent) overnight.
- NEED A HEAT PUMP SERVICE?Summer is a great time to get a heat pump service, especially if you’re going to be switching onto cooling mode. We’ve got some tips below to help you do a basic heat pump clean but if you haven’t had it looked at by professionals (like us!) for a while then get in touch as… Read more: NEED A HEAT PUMP SERVICE?
- Remove moisture & dampness from your homeRemove moisture & dampness from your home. Tackle dampness from the bottom to the top.
- Air conditioning vs Heatpump: what’s the difference?If you think that heat pumps are only used for warming your home in winter, then think again, as heat pumps can also be used as a air conditioning unit.
- Save Energy at Home – Choose Good AppliancesChoosing appliances with a Energy Rating Label is a great way to save energy at home which can also mean a lower power bill. So how do the Energy Rating Labels work? I’m sure you’ve seen the stickers with stars on large appliances like washing machines, dryers, dish washers and heat pumps. The more stars… Read more: Save Energy at Home – Choose Good Appliances
- Benefits of LED LightingIs it time to brighten up your house? Are there indoors areas that are a bit dark? LED (Light Emitting Diode) lighting has become increasingly popular in recent years as it has many benefits over other types of lighting, including: Energy efficiency: LED lights use up to 90% less energy than incandescent bulbs and up… Read more: Benefits of LED Lighting