We currently service Auckland, BOP, Waikato & Christchurch.
Heat pumps are an efficient way to help you stay warm in winter and cool in summer. They’re safe, easy and fuss-free to operate, as well as being cost-effective but make sure you insulate first — keep the heat where you need it.
If you have any more questions, feel free to give us a call on 0508 088 888 or fill out our Contact Form and we will be more than happy to answer your questions and help you chose the right heap pump for your home and region.
1. LOCATION & SIZE
- The size of the heat pump you need will depend on factors like the size of the room and the location and number of windows.
- If you’re considering a high wall heat pump unit, you also need to think about the placement of the outside compressor unit.
2. GETTING THE MOST FOR YOUR MONEY
Our expert team will advise on the make, model and how powerful the heat pump should be to best suit your needs.
- For example, using a 3kW heat pump for heating your home 5 hours a day for 180 days per year will cost you between $90 – $150 which is less than $1 a day.
- Check out the EECA’s calculator to get some ideas what a heat pump will cost you based on your usage.
- And don’t forget to hold onto your heat by closing doors and curtains, and block up any drafts.
3. GET TO KNOW THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF HEAT PUMPS
- Floor console heat pumps: these units sit on the floor and are a good option if you’re tight on wall space.
- High wall/Split system heat pumps: these are the most common units and are mounted on an internal wall. The remainder of the unit is located outside.
- Ducted heat pumps: these systems allow you to heat multiple rooms by distributing the heat via ducts installed in your ceiling.