As NZ heads into colder weather, many of us are looking around for the best heat pump deals and wondering, “Which heat pump is the best one for me?”
With so many brands to choose from, and heating accounting for over 35% of your winter power bill, choosing the right heat pump is important. While most of us will have value for money at the top of the list, there are other things to think about as well.
While we stock and install a range of heat pumps, we want to present an unbias point of view to help you make the right decision, so this post summarises research done by Canstar Blue who carried out a survey to find out what drives consumers’ heat-pump satisfaction levels in NZ.
what criteria SHOULD YOU LOOK FOR WHEN CHOOSING A HEAT PUMP?
Canstar Blue compared several heat pump brands in New Zealand and looked at the following criteria:
- Ease of Use;
- Reliability and;
- Value for Money.
FIVE MOST IMPORTANT FACTORS WHEN BUYING A HEAT PUMP
- Reliability: 40%
- Quietness: 17%
- Value for money: 16%
- Ease of use: 15%
- Functionality: 12%
So reliability and quietness (something we often forget about when choosing a heat pump, but important if it’s going in a bedroom for example) were the top two criteria that most people looked for, followed by value for money.
Why is reliability so important? You only want to install a heat pump once right? A reliable heat pump produces consistent and effective heating and cooling, doesn’t break down and its performance doesn’t reduce with high frequency of use.
WHICH HEAT PUMP BRAND RATED THE HIGHEST?
Daikin was the only heat pump brand to earn a 5-star Overall Satisfaction rating from its customers. It’s a score replicated across nearly all categories.
Daikin was given 5-stars for Ease of Use, Functionality, Quietness, Reliability and 4-stars for Value for Money (source: www.canstarblue.co.nz).
G-Force supply and install a range of Daikin Heat Pumps – you can view our range here: www.gforce.co.nz/daikin-heat-pumps
While Daikin rated number 1, other brands also rated high and that’s why G-Force have a range of New Zealand’s best brands so we can help you find the right heat pump for your space and budget.
VIEW OUR FULL RANGE OF HEAT PUMPS HERE >> www.gforce.co.nz/heat-pumps
GET IN TOUCH WITH G-FORCE TODAY AND FIND OUT WHICH HEAT PUMP IS THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU. WE SERVICE: AUCKLAND, BAY OF PLENTY, WAIKATO AND CHRISTCHURCH.
YOU MIGHT FIND THESE RESOURCES HELPFUL AS WELL:
- Do heat pumps use more power?‘I don’t want a heat pump installed, it will cost too much to run.’ We hear this common objection from a lot of people including tenants in rental properties, fearing that a new heat pump will increase their power consumption (or rent) overnight.
- NEED A HEAT PUMP SERVICE?Summer is a great time to get a heat pump service, especially if you’re going to be switching onto cooling mode. We’ve got some tips below to help you do a basic heat pump clean but if you haven’t had it looked at by professionals (like us!) for a while then get in touch as… Read more: NEED A HEAT PUMP SERVICE?
- Remove moisture & dampness from your homeRemove moisture & dampness from your home. Tackle dampness from the bottom to the top.
- Air conditioning vs Heatpump: what’s the difference?If you think that heat pumps are only used for warming your home in winter, then think again, as heat pumps can also be used as a air conditioning unit.
- Save Energy at Home – Choose Good AppliancesChoosing appliances with a Energy Rating Label is a great way to save energy at home which can also mean a lower power bill. So how do the Energy Rating Labels work? I’m sure you’ve seen the stickers with stars on large appliances like washing machines, dryers, dish washers and heat pumps. The more stars… Read more: Save Energy at Home – Choose Good Appliances
- Benefits of LED LightingIs it time to brighten up your house? Are there indoors areas that are a bit dark? LED (Light Emitting Diode) lighting has become increasingly popular in recent years as it has many benefits over other types of lighting, including: Energy efficiency: LED lights use up to 90% less energy than incandescent bulbs and up… Read more: Benefits of LED Lighting