Need help selecting the perfect heat pump for your home in Auckland? This guide has tips and tricks to finding the best fit for your needs. Get ready to stay warm!
Shopping for a heat pump in Auckland can be an overwhelming task, with so many different models on the market. To make the process easier, it’s important to know exactly what kind of heat pump you need based on your unique needs and budget. This guide will provide tips and tricks for finding the perfect heat pump for your home in Auckland.
Determine the Size of Heat Pump Needed
Before you begin your search for a heat pump in Auckland, it’s important to determine the size of heat pump that you need. The best way to do this is to measure the external surface area of the room or home that you want to install it in. That way, you can choose a model that has an adequate cooling and heating capacity for the size of the space. Make sure to take note of any obstructions such as radiators, windows, and doors as well, which can impact the efficiency of the unit.
Choose the Right Efficiency Ratings to Meet Your Needs
Ensure you select a heat pump with the correct efficiency ratings for your needs as well. Different models have different rates of energy efficiency and can use more or less power depending on their rating, so make sure to check the EER (Energy Efficiency Ratio) before buying. Generally speaking, the higher these numbers are, the lower your heating and cooling bills will be.
Select a Type of Heat Pump Based on Your Home’s Setup
Before choosing the right heat pump, it is important to know what type of system your home requires. Heat pumps can be either ‘split systems’ (also called High Wall heat pumps) for single rooms or areas or ‘Ducted systems’ which provide heating and cooling to multiple zones. Split systems are better for one-room solutions like a bedroom or living room, while ducted systems are more suitable for larger homes with several areas that need cooling or heating.
YOU MIGHT FIND THESE ARTICLES HELPFUL
- Do heat pumps use more power?‘I don’t want a heat pump installed, it will cost too much to run.’ We hear this common objection from a lot of people including tenants in rental properties, fearing that a new heat pump will increase their power consumption (or rent) overnight.
- NEED A HEAT PUMP SERVICE?Summer is a great time to get a heat pump service, especially if you’re going to be switching onto cooling mode. We’ve got some tips below to help you do a basic heat pump clean but if you haven’t had it looked at by professionals (like us!) for a while then get in touch as… Read more: NEED A HEAT PUMP SERVICE?
- Remove moisture & dampness from your homeRemove moisture & dampness from your home. Tackle dampness from the bottom to the top.
- Air conditioning vs Heatpump: what’s the difference?If you think that heat pumps are only used for warming your home in winter, then think again, as heat pumps can also be used as a air conditioning unit.
- Save Energy at Home – Choose Good AppliancesChoosing appliances with a Energy Rating Label is a great way to save energy at home which can also mean a lower power bill. So how do the Energy Rating Labels work? I’m sure you’ve seen the stickers with stars on large appliances like washing machines, dryers, dish washers and heat pumps. The more stars… Read more: Save Energy at Home – Choose Good Appliances
- Benefits of LED LightingIs it time to brighten up your house? Are there indoors areas that are a bit dark? LED (Light Emitting Diode) lighting has become increasingly popular in recent years as it has many benefits over other types of lighting, including: Energy efficiency: LED lights use up to 90% less energy than incandescent bulbs and up… Read more: Benefits of LED Lighting