Insulation is one of the best investments you can make for your home. It can help you save money on your energy bills, improve your comfort, and make your home more energy-efficient.
Here are some of the benefits of installing insulation in your home:
- Save money on your energy bills. Insulation helps to keep heat in during the winter and cool air in during the summer. This can lead to significant savings on your energy bills. Studies estimate that the average homeowner is likely to save 15% on energy costs by having proper insulation installed. To get the most bang for your buck, we recommend starting with the ceiling. Because heat rises, up to 40% of your home’s heat can be lost through the roof.
- Improve your comfort. A well-insulated home will be more comfortable to live in, regardless of the weather outside. In winter, your home will stay warmer, and in the summer, stay cooler. This can help you sleep better, be more productive, and enjoy your home more.
- Make your home more energy-efficient. Insulation is one of the most effective ways to make your home more energy-efficient. By reducing heat loss and gain, insulation can help you reduce your reliance on fossil fuels and lower your carbon footprint.
- Prevent mould and condensation. Insulation can help to prevent mould and condensation in your home. Mould and condensation can cause health problems, so it is important to take steps to prevent them. Insulation can help to keep your home dry and prevent moisture from building up.
- Reduce noise levels. Insulation can also help to reduce noise levels in your home. This can be especially helpful if you live in a noisy area or if you have children or pets.
YOU MIGHT FIND THESE ARTICLES HELPFUL
- Do heat pumps use more power?‘I don’t want a heat pump installed, it will cost too much to run.’ We hear this common objection from a lot of people including tenants in rental properties, fearing that a new heat pump will increase their power consumption (or rent) overnight.
- NEED A HEAT PUMP SERVICE?Summer is a great time to get a heat pump service, especially if you’re going to be switching onto cooling mode. We’ve got some tips below to help you do a basic heat pump clean but if you haven’t had it looked at by professionals (like us!) for a while then get in touch as… Read more: NEED A HEAT PUMP SERVICE?
- Remove moisture & dampness from your homeRemove moisture & dampness from your home. Tackle dampness from the bottom to the top.
- Air conditioning vs Heatpump: what’s the difference?If you think that heat pumps are only used for warming your home in winter, then think again, as heat pumps can also be used as a air conditioning unit.
- Save Energy at Home – Choose Good AppliancesChoosing appliances with a Energy Rating Label is a great way to save energy at home which can also mean a lower power bill. So how do the Energy Rating Labels work? I’m sure you’ve seen the stickers with stars on large appliances like washing machines, dryers, dish washers and heat pumps. The more stars… Read more: Save Energy at Home – Choose Good Appliances
- Benefits of LED LightingIs it time to brighten up your house? Are there indoors areas that are a bit dark? LED (Light Emitting Diode) lighting has become increasingly popular in recent years as it has many benefits over other types of lighting, including: Energy efficiency: LED lights use up to 90% less energy than incandescent bulbs and up… Read more: Benefits of LED Lighting