Top 3 tips to maximise your heat pump this winter
We’re having unpredictable weather across NZ at the moment and with rising energy costs, keeping your power bill down is important. A heat pump can help you do this as it’s one of the most energy efficient heating systems available.
To ensure you get the most out of your heat pump we’ve got some tips for you.
Don’t have a heat pump? Have a look at our heat pump range here >>
- Choose the right size heat pump for your home
- A heat pump that is too small for your home will have to work harder to heat your space, which can reduce its energy efficiency. On the other hand, a heat pump that is too large for your home can also be inefficient, as it will cycle on and off frequently, wasting energy.
- A qualified G-Force technician can help you determine the appropriate size of heat pump for your home based on factors such as the size of your home, the climate in your area, and your heating and cooling needs.
- Optimise the usage of your heat pump
- Keep your heat pump at a temperature of around 19-21°C this winter and don’t keep switching it on and off. The heat pump will stabilise once it reaches it optimal temperature. And don’t just rely on your heat pump, make sure you have good insulation to keep your home comfortable.
- Maintain and service your heat pump regularly
- When was the last time you checked your heat pump filters? Cleaning or replacing your filters helps your heat pump run more efficiently plus it prolongs its lifespan.
- It’s recommended that you have your heat pump serviced by a qualified G-Force technician at least once a year to ensure optimal performance.
By following these tips, you can maximise the energy efficiency of your heat pump and enjoy lower energy bills and a more comfortable home.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE RESOURCES
- Do heat pumps use more power?‘I don’t want a heat pump installed, it will cost too much to run.’ We hear this common objection from a lot of people including tenants in rental properties, fearing that a new heat pump will increase their power consumption (or rent) overnight.
- NEED A HEAT PUMP SERVICE?Summer is a great time to get a heat pump service, especially if you’re going to be switching onto cooling mode. We’ve got some tips below to help you do a basic heat pump clean but if you haven’t had it looked at by professionals (like us!) for a while then get in touch as… Read more: NEED A HEAT PUMP SERVICE?
- Remove moisture & dampness from your homeRemove moisture & dampness from your home. Tackle dampness from the bottom to the top.
- Air conditioning vs Heatpump: what’s the difference?If you think that heat pumps are only used for warming your home in winter, then think again, as heat pumps can also be used as a air conditioning unit.
- Save Energy at Home – Choose Good AppliancesChoosing appliances with a Energy Rating Label is a great way to save energy at home which can also mean a lower power bill. So how do the Energy Rating Labels work? I’m sure you’ve seen the stickers with stars on large appliances like washing machines, dryers, dish washers and heat pumps. The more stars… Read more: Save Energy at Home – Choose Good Appliances
- Benefits of LED LightingIs it time to brighten up your house? Are there indoors areas that are a bit dark? LED (Light Emitting Diode) lighting has become increasingly popular in recent years as it has many benefits over other types of lighting, including: Energy efficiency: LED lights use up to 90% less energy than incandescent bulbs and up… Read more: Benefits of LED Lighting