Often when you think about insulating your home, it’s because you want to keep your home warm in colder weather. However, insulating your home has a lot of benefits during warmer weather as well.
Benefits of insulating your home in summer:
1 Save on power bills!
Summer temperatures can soar in New Zealand with the sun beating down on your home your roof cavity can reach over 40 degrees!
Ceiling insulation can help block heat from entering helping to create a cooler home. Plus another benefit are lower energy bills as you don’t need to switch on your air conditioning as often.
2 Create a healthy home
With the sun powering through the roof, windows and walls it creates high humidity, not only making you feel uncomfortable but creating moisture which can lead to mildew, mould and condensation issues.
Apart from installing insulation in your home’s roof cavity, you can also insulate your underfloor and walls to help maintain an even household temperature and creating an air seal. All of which are important, both for the winter and the summer seasons.
So there you go, two important reasons why you need insulation during the summer:
- Prevent your home from overheating by trapping the cool air, especially in your ceiling.
- It’s also important in saving on power bills.
Whether it’s your walls, ceiling, or roof – insulation during summer is great in affording you comfort during the heat and saving you money on your monthly power bill.
HAVE A CHAT TO THE G-FORCE CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM ABOUT THE BEST INSULATION SOLUTIONS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY BY GIVING US A CALL ON 0800 477 009 OR EMAIL: SALES@GFORCE.CO.NZ
YOU MIGHT FIND THESE RESOURCES HELPFUL AS WELL:
- Do heat pumps use more power?‘I don’t want a heat pump installed, it will cost too much to run.’ We hear this common objection from a lot of people including tenants in rental properties, fearing that a new heat pump will increase their power consumption (or rent) overnight.
- NEED A HEAT PUMP SERVICE?Summer is a great time to get a heat pump service, especially if you’re going to be switching onto cooling mode. We’ve got some tips below to help you do a basic heat pump clean but if you haven’t had it looked at by professionals (like us!) for… Read more: NEED A HEAT PUMP SERVICE?
- Remove moisture & dampness from your homeRemove moisture & dampness from your home. Tackle dampness from the bottom to the top.
- Air conditioning vs Heatpump: what’s the difference?If you think that heat pumps are only used for warming your home in winter, then think again, as heat pumps can also be used as a air conditioning unit.
- Save Energy at Home – Choose Good AppliancesChoosing appliances with a Energy Rating Label is a great way to save energy at home which can also mean a lower power bill. So how do the Energy Rating Labels work? I’m sure you’ve seen the stickers with stars on large appliances like washing machines, dryers, dish… Read more: Save Energy at Home – Choose Good Appliances
- Benefits of LED LightingIs it time to brighten up your house? Are there indoors areas that are a bit dark? LED (Light Emitting Diode) lighting has become increasingly popular in recent years as it has many benefits over other types of lighting, including: Energy efficiency: LED lights use up to 90%… Read more: Benefits of LED Lighting