Keeping you safe during covid-19
We are fully operational under the current Orange setting of the Covid-19 Protection Framework. In order to keep our customers and staff safe, we follow COVID-19 Standard for New Zealand Construction Operations as set out by CHASNZ (Construction Health and Safety NZ).
Below is an overview of the protocols that our business follows.
What extra precautions we are taking during Covid-19?
Special precautions are taken to ensure your safety at all alert levels. Depending on the alert level, these may include additional personal protective equipment (PPE) and special cleaning and hygiene procedures.
- We are following industry specific health and safety guidelines for Covid-19 (Construction Health and Safety NZ).
- All employees sign a daily declaration that they are not displaying any symptoms associated with Covid-19.
- We will maintain a social distance of 2 meters from our customers at all times.
- We will wear masks and gloves at all times while we are in your home.
- We will use hand sanitiser before entering your home and upon leaving.
- We will not touch any personal items.
- We will disinfect any surfaces that we touch before leaving the property ie. Handles, manhole covers etc.
- We keep detailed records of our movements throughout the day and week.
- If we need to communicate with you while onsite our staff will move to a central part of the house or whatever is available to maintain the 2-meter distancing.
- Conversation will be kept to a minimum.
Any detailed conversation will be carried out once we leave the property over the phone or via email.
Our Screening Procedures before assessments or installations.
One of our customer service team may be in touch to ask you some questions before your assessment or installation booking.
Also, when our assessors or installers arrive at your home they will ask you the following questions before entering your home:
Please consider the questions below and contact us before booking if you answer YES to any of these questions:
- Do you or anyone else in the household have a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19?
- Are you or anyone else in the household waiting for a COVID-19 test or the results, or considered a probable case, or you’ve been asked to self-isolate?
- Have you or anyone else in the household had close contact with other people in the last 14 days who are probable or confirmed to have COVID-19?
- Do you or anyone else in the household have symptoms of a respiratory infection?
- Have you recently visited a place of interest at the same time as a confirmed COVID case?
If you have an assessment or installation booked and you answered YES to any of the above, please call us on 0508 088 888 to reschedule your booking.
We may also call you to confirm your answers to these questions again, just prior to your appointment, in case anything has changed for you.
What we need you to do while we are at your home.
- Tie up dogs and leave gate open (if possible).
- When we arrive, we will knock on the door and stand back 2 meters from the door and wait for it to be opened. We then ask for you to move into another area of the house once you have let our staff in. Communicate with our staff where in the house you will stay while the assessment/install or audit is completed.
- Ensure social distancing; all persons in the house must remain in an area of the house where our assessors, auditors and installers are not working. Please ensure children and pets will be kept away from our staff.