Wet, muggy and sticky is what a lot of kiwis are experiencing with the humid weather at the moment, and according to Metservice, it’s not going to change anytime soon!
If you’re trying to relax around your home and don’t have an air conditioner (by the way, we use the terms ‘heat pumps’ and ‘air conditioners’ interchangeably as the units we sell and install, do both) now might be a great time to get one installed as most heat pumps can double as a humidifier.
Our partners at Daikin have written a great article about the benefits of buying a heat pump that not only warms and cools your house, but acts as a dehumidifier as well: Why is dehumidification important for your home?
We’ve picked out some key points here:
1. Apart from humidity making you feel yuck, a rise in excess air moisture can lead to building and property damage such as:
- Small black spots (mould spores) are prone to grow on walls or in areas with high humidity, such as the bathtub or shower.
- Mould can also multiply unchecked on clothing or furniture.
- Water stains may appear on the walls or ceilings of your home.
- You may see frequent condensation on the windows in certain areas of your home
2. Humidity can have dramatic and ongoing health repercussions for your family:
- A moist home becomes a welcome breeding ground for allergens such as dust mites, mould and mildew making you more susceptible to a range of symptoms of allergies or asthma.
- Musty or mildew smells linger in an excessively humid climate.
3. And lastly, humidity can have an impact on your pocket too, as energy bills increase due to running your heat pump at a higher temperature more often to counter the effects.
Daikin’s split system heat pumps is approved to carry the blue butterfly symbol by the Asthma and Respiratory Foundation NZ’s Sensitive Choice® program, which was introduced to help identify products that best suit people affected by asthma and allergies.
Have a chat to the G-Force customer service team about whether the Daikin spilt system heat pump is the best option for you and your whanau by giving us a call on 0508 088 888 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might find these resources helpful as well:
- Do heat pumps use more power?‘I don’t want a heat pump installed, it will cost too much to run.’ We hear this common objection from a lot of people including tenants in rental properties, fearing that a new heat pump will increase their power consumption (or rent) overnight.
- NEED A HEAT PUMP SERVICE?Summer is a great time to get a heat pump service, especially if you’re going to be switching onto cooling mode. We’ve got some tips below to help you do a basic heat pump… Read more: NEED A HEAT PUMP SERVICE?
- Remove moisture & dampness from your homeRemove moisture & dampness from your home. Tackle dampness from the bottom to the top.
- Air conditioning vs Heatpump: what’s the difference?If you think that heat pumps are only used for warming your home in winter, then think again, as heat pumps can also be used as a air conditioning unit.
- Save Energy at Home – Choose Good AppliancesChoosing appliances with a Energy Rating Label is a great way to save energy at home which can also mean a lower power bill. So how do the Energy Rating Labels work? I’m sure… Read more: Save Energy at Home – Choose Good Appliances
- Benefits of LED LightingIs it time to brighten up your house? Are there indoors areas that are a bit dark? LED (Light Emitting Diode) lighting has become increasingly popular in recent years as it has many benefits… Read more: Benefits of LED Lighting